• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2023 makes a read only file

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to the 2023 InDesign, and now suddently my documents are read-only and I cannot save the file, but have to make a save as version and give the document a new name everytime I have to save my work.

Do you know why this is happening? And how to avoid this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Hi All,

We would like to express our gratitude for your patience. The team has fixed the issue on the Windows machine in InDesign 18.4, and you should restart the machine once after updating to InDesign 18.4 version. 

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issues on your Windows or Mac machine. 

Please also try the workaround suggested below:-

• Disable Preview Pane in Explorer- >View-> Preview Pane.
  • Close InDesign, Restart the system. 

We will escalate to the team for furthe

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 253 Replies 253
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running InDesign 19.0.1, on Mac OS Monterey (12.6), at home and not on any network. 

By @mhvz2019

For starters, try to update to the latest InDesign 19.4 and macOS 12.7 (the latest Monterey if you have to stay there).

To complicate the situation, you problem sounds like a known bug in InDesign 19.4 (although I'm not sure it's exactly the same one). So if you're still experiencing this issue in 19.4, then try to revert to 19.3 (you can do so from Creative Cloud app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just now tried it on my work computer (Monterey is my home one) running Mac OS Big Sur 11.7.3 and InDesign 19.4 and it's working absolutely fine. As you mentioned my issue on my home computer is a know issue in 19.4, it must be OS specific as there are no problems on my work version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @mhvz2019 & @HeiniB,

Sorry for the delay in responding. It looks like you're experiencing the read-only issue on your Mac machine. The fix that went in for 18.4 was for Windows only.

However, for the Mac machines, we suggest you try disabling the Mac preview for InDesign files to see if that is indeed the cause of this issue. We will share the information with the team so they can investigate in the right direction.

Please share your Adobe ID, phone number, location, and the best time to contact you so we can contact you directly for a debug session on your machine.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it seems that it is pointless to post your problems here, as Adobe is obviously not interested in users' problems.
They are only interested in our money...
As you can see above, the last (petty) response from Adobe was almost a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines