• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2023 - Screen Judder

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED - The issue was due to loading InDesign 2023 on an old 2012 iMac, with only 512Mb graphics memory. The minimum requirement is 1024Mb. Rolled back to 2022 on that machine. 

Updated to Indesign 2023, pages that perform fine in Indesign 2022 are oddly juddering (for want of a better expression) when I move the mouse across the screen. Or if I move an object on the page. As if the page itself jumps by a fraction of a millimeter, then back again - each and every move. So it's unworkable for me and I've returned to 2022. 

Anyone getting the same thing? Or anyone have a suggestion for a fix?

Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Paul Tansley ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. A small video of the issue so that we can reproduce this on our end. 

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.15.7  Catalina
Happens with multiple files - which all open fine in 2022 version
Screen Capture attached. You can really see the judder by looking at the black lines around the rulers. Tried rulers off but it makes no difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video @Paul Tansley I tested this on the latest InDesign Version and macOS Monterry and could not reproduce the issue. Is it possible for you to share this file? You can add it to a shared location and either share it here publicly or through DM by clicking on my name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh - I've found the issue. We have a couple of Macs in the house, this was on my wife's machine. It's a 2012 iMac. Turns out it only has 512Mb of Graphics Card memory. It lists in the Spec. requirements for InDesign 2023, that it needs at least 1024Mb Graphics Card memory, so I suspect this was the issue. I tried the same files on my own Mac Studio Ultra and could not replicate it. 

She's rolled back to InDesign 2022, which works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines