• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2024 crashing when trying to run script

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me begin by saying that I know extremely little about scripts, so if you respond with a highly technical answer, I'll be lost! 🙂 

I'm using Adobe InDesign 2024 on a 2020 Macbook Pro (Ventura 13.3.1). I have a Bibliography with many entries and was trying to run the "Sort Paragraphs" javascript (as outlined in this article) to sort all entries alphabetically. It is critical that I'm able to retain formatting. For now, I've pulled the Bibliography out of the source document and dropped it into a new InDesign file (see attached).

Each time I run the script (as shown below), InDesign crashes.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 3.12.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-28 at 3.12.23 PM.png

Sometimes I get this warning before it crashes:

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 3.12.39 PM.png

Can anyone help???? I really don't want to have to sort these manually!

Thanks in advance! - Kristin

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

• The original document (biblio.indd) seems to contain corrupted hyperlinks and InDesign reports it as “possibly damaged.” It crashes on processing Text objects. IDML export is known as the best way to fix it.

• With this done, paragraph sorting scripts should work without issue. (E.g. SmartSort achieves the task in one second—just tested.)

Best,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines