• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign and Illustrator CS6 on MacOS damaged? Bug?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had my InDesign and Illustrator programs open yesterday when my laptop shut down on me and wouldn't restart properly so I had to hard boot.

After that, any images I've tried to place in InDesign and Illustrator pop up as black or white blocks, a digital blizzard or have inverted colors. They also will not export PDFs.

I checked Photoshop to see if it was working fine and it is.

I saw a suggestion online to hold down shift + ctrl + option + command when opening InDesign to delete / restart the preferences but it didn't help.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Those application versions are so old that they are no longer supported with any recent Mac OS. You may have to reinstall the applications if your OS supports it. There's also the possibility that there is a hardware problem with your laptop. You should use Disk Utility to check the integrity of your drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines