Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign and InCopy Workflow

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I request some information on InDesign & InCopy workflow. I work with InDesign CC layout and typesetting. Now one of my client (an editor) would like to make text edits by himself in an InCopy file from my typeset InDesign document. How can I create/share my InDesign typeset document to my client as an InCopy file for making text edits only (not any layout changes). Also once editor made text changes into the shared InCopy file, how can I integrate/embedd those updated InCopy within my InDesign document. I am new to this workflow. Can anyone help me into this workflow?

Thanks

JA 

TOPICS
Import and export , InCopy workflow , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe InCopy CC 2020 Workflow Overview Guide

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not something that can be answered here in a reply. After you read the links provided, come back with specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work with editors also. and they also like to edit their own files.

we ended up having an adobe certified instruction come teach indesign for editors. took one day to teach what would apply to them. 

I know incopy is available for this. However, we went with indesign for everybody approach and it has worked out for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines