• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign App for Mobile/Android Smartphones

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if InDesign is available for download and use on mobile phones (more specifically in my case, an Android), and if not, if there are any similar/alternative apps that I can use on my mobile phone.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

I use Creative Suite on MS Surface Pro 7s, which are full-powered computers in a 1.5 lb touchscreen tablet form factor. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-pro-7/8N17J0M5ZZQS?activetab=overview  I'm on my third model during the past 7-8 years.

It's a great experience and keeps me from switching back to Macs...I really LOVE using a stylus or my fingers on a touch screen for many creative operations. And of course, I can attach a mouse, keyboard, and 2 external monitors when needed.

What

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is not available for use on mobile devices, such as tablets and smart phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what they charge, they certainly should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, y'know, if you can't do it on your iPhone it's probably just not worth doing. 😄

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just replied to a two-year-old discussion and didn't add anything to it. It's been asked and answered so I'm locking it before it gets out of hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Creative Suite on MS Surface Pro 7s, which are full-powered computers in a 1.5 lb touchscreen tablet form factor. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-pro-7/8N17J0M5ZZQS?activetab=overview  I'm on my third model during the past 7-8 years.

It's a great experience and keeps me from switching back to Macs...I really LOVE using a stylus or my fingers on a touch screen for many creative operations. And of course, I can attach a mouse, keyboard, and 2 external monitors when needed.

What you see in the TV commercials is true. I often sketch in Illustrator and work on layouts in InDesign while sitting on my sofa or in my back porch hammock.

But the Surface Pro is Windows and you'll need one of the higher models with 16GB RAM.

No difference in features once you're in the software programs, but it's a Windows interface and operating system.

I don't care about that and continuously switch between platforms in my studio, but I know some people prefer one OS over the other.

Adobe doesn't have a version of InDesign specifically for tablets, which are low-capacity devices, but some creative apps are available. Note: they generally are scaled down apps, not the full featured versions on our desktops. Here's the run down:

But no InDesign.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines