All of the sudden, when exporting to pdf, I'm getting a failure to export due to backgound task error. I've tried several things: turning preflight off, uninstalling/reinstalling Indesign, restarting, resetting all warning dialogues, copy pasting file into a new doocument, trial and error exporting after removing various contents of page and removing specific fonts. Can't seem to find the issue. Files were fine yesterday. Any thoughts??
Scratch that- found the solution!
Glad to hear you are able to resolve the issue. Please tell us the solution that worked for you which might help our customers who might experience the same issue mentioned in this post.
I'm having the same issue, every time I try to export I have to close indesign and reopen. What was the solution?!
I am suddenly having the same issue. How did you fix it?
I don't know if your issue is the same as mine, but I think I've fixed mine now. This is how:
The export was being held up by background tasks. The background tasks that couldn't be actioned were fonts trying to load (I could see this in the Background Tasks window) and I couldn't cancel the tasks, so I would have to close out and quit InDesign, then go back in and try again. I used the steps in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html and removed fonts that had a red spot next to them. It turns out I had double-ups of some fonts (I had them stored on my computer and was also trying to load them from Adobe Fonts) and the conflict was causing this background error. Now the font task is no longer happening because all my fonts have either been successfully installed or removed and I can export as normal. Hope that helps you!
I take it back, it's still happening! Something wrong with the font, I can't figure it out.
Just turn it OFF.
Yes, I tried doing this, it didn't work!
I'm pretty sure the issue I'm having here is that my work computer (Windows) has the font PT Sans installed as .otf and my computer (Mac) uses .ttf
I can't change this because a) PT Sans appears to be a system font on my Mac and b) the entire network of computer at the company I work for seems to have .otf installed or used for whatever reason. So this happens every time I have to update an InDesign file that came from work and because PT Sans is the primary font of our main brand, this happens all the time! It's absolutely driving me mad, because I need to quit and restart InDesign every time I want to export something. There must be another way to fix this!! Help!