Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2019 freezes on Win10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After two days of testing brand new InDesign CC 2019 on Win 10, I have so many freezes, so I had to came back to previous version of ID. Do anyone had this same problem? Do you have any solution for that?
Thnx

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about this. For performance issues on Windows please try these steps and share results:

https://indesignsecrets.com/6-tips-speed-up-indesign.php

In case this does not help, please try resetting preferences for Illustrator:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Locations :
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe.
  • Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old. (Zip InDesign.old folder and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox/ Google Drive and share i

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open the new Indesign and try to edit a text box it freezes for at least a minute then works fine.  Most of the files I am currently working on have been converted to the newer version from the last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the Control Panel and search the forum. This has been discussed to death in countless other threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boblevine, I know this has been discussed and I know you have responded to other people with the same comment, however what does disabling the control panel do...and can I enable the control panel again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the problem of new fancy fonts panel, that need to check out online database of fonts everytime we start to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fancy fonts panel is nice, but if it's the problem, obviously they need to fix it. I'm more perturbed that they ignored thousands of people asking for the recent fonts option to go to the currently selected/used font. But that's another post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling/Closing the Control Panel is not an option for me (and I am sure for most people). I USE it ALL the time. The Properties Panel is not a solution as I run my right side with only icons to give me more space in my screen. They just need to fix the issue, and sooner would be better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please check out the solution shared here and upvote the issue: Problem with changing the cursor to text – Adobe InDesign Feedback

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close the window and restart indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have fixed major performance issues in the latest update(14.0.1).  Please use the Creative Cloud app to update InDesign. Please refer to this help article if you face any difficulty in updating. : Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see now, all problems are solved with the newest version. In some cases when changing between more windows, it seems there is a delay in e.g. typing text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Sorry about that. Could you please share a small video of the issue, this will help us understand the issue better and share the exact steps to proceed.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This update didn't solve the problem. I have to clear out the end user's temp folders within Windows 10 just to get it to start. As time goes on, the problem returns. It's baffling to me that a company such as Adobe doesn't fix their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines