• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2019 slow-loading, buggy

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated Photoshop, Bridge, and ID and all seem to load and run slower.  ID will sometimes  hang  a  few seconds during certain tasks, e.g., mouse-clicking in a paragraph.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I remove the app and  reinstall? Or wait for Adobe to stomp out the bugs?

Had no issues running CC2018.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

I also had issues with a significant slowdown, the beachball, and crashes. Turned out to be the new font previews on the Control Panel. Go to your Preferences, go to Type, turn off Enable in-menu font preview and the 3 below it. That fixed it for me. Hopefully Adobe will fix this glitch with a patch of some sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you allowed the upgrade to install, did you click on the Advanced Options and turn off import previous settings? In the past, that has often been the source of a crippled upgrade. Try removing it completely and reinstalling it. Be sure to turn off the Advanced Options > Import Previous Settings before allowing the new version to install.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I don't recall if I did, but probably.So I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say remove completely, is there anything I need do after selecting uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had issues with a significant slowdown, the beachball, and crashes. Turned out to be the new font previews on the Control Panel. Go to your Preferences, go to Type, turn off Enable in-menu font preview and the 3 below it. That fixed it for me. Hopefully Adobe will fix this glitch with a patch of some sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's worth a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for sharing this! I turned off in-menu preview and the difference was night and day. It feels like I doubled my computers ram! I hope they fix this as there must be a lot of people in the same situation. Lots of bugs with this latest release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also faced same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont close Properties panel. Its working properly. When you closed You faced issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I have the problem when the panel Properties IS open ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problems (spinning beachball when I select the type tool and/or other tools, hold-ups and crashes). Turning off Enable in-menu font preview wasn't enough. I had to uninstall and remove preferences. Reinstall and it resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Package trong indesign phiên bản này quá tệ, chậm hơn rất nhiều. không biết lỗi do đâu nhưng thật thất vọng về phiên bản này. adobe cần phải nâng cấp kịp thời. và các lỗi mọi người nói bên trên tôi cũng gặp phải

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleaning the font caches seems to do the trick for me.

If you're using a font manager like 'FontExplorer X Pro' you can use the 'Clean Application Font Caches...' and 'Clean System Font Caches...'. I think Extensis is also using something similar.

This guy has a nice explanation for doing it manually: Clear Mac OS X Font Caches · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that quitting Microsoft Word for some reason gave back InDesign it's speed.

Maybe an incident, maybe not. I'll investigate next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating beach ball !!!!

I have done the recommended fixes, clicked off the "enable in-menu type preview" I have re-installed with no preferences from old app,

Yet Indesign struggles to do simple tasks. 2018 is far superior mainly because of reliability. Im a graphic designer with a huge workload

I cant afford for my machine to be hung up all the time. Just trying to think why it works ok for others and not on my machine.

I am running a Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz incore i7, 16GB 2133 MHz LDDR3, with a Radeon Pro 460 4096MB Intel HD graphics 530 1536mb

Dec 2016 model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O my goodness, this is so frustrating!!!

I'm under a time crunch and I sit here waiting for this beach ball to spin!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

might sound stupid, but I tried unplugging my network cable, and suddenly, everything was ok...

I'm using the wi-fi and it seems to be ok, hope it might someone !

(my english is bad ? it's ok, I'm french, we're bad at everything)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je pense avoir le même problème. J’ai indesign cc. Tout fonctionnait très bien et un jour sans raison, le petit moulinet apparaît dès que je fais une tache simple (changer de police, bouger un bloc). Aucune solution. J’ai desinstaler, réinstalle, sans mes préférence etc... avez vous une solution ? Lorsque j’utilise indesign cc 2015 : même problème. Je suis donc actuellement sur indesign cc 2014. C’est un problème vraiment très embêtant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything and one thing helped me:

I've reduced the display quality to "typical". The performance boost is insane:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-05 um 18.11.04.png

Sorry, I just have the german version installed, but I guess you'll find it.

Bu it is still quite sad. I have a Machine with 64GB ram and a i7 3.2 GhZ. How can this be on this day and age?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 2019 is torture. Freezes and bugs a lot, I am going back to 2018, no probs at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many other suggestions here:

InDesign 2019 v14.01 spinning beachball every few seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the loading ball every now and then even with the most simplest tasks but now, after the most recentupdate i get the beach ball every other second. And here I was hoping it might get better after the update. What am I paying for again? Maybe it's time to switch to Affinity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines