• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2020 slows down and locks up each time I open a new file

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign version 15.0.2.x64 for Windows 10. It works fine every time I start it up or reboot it after the following issue, but when I open my third, fourth or fifth file, it starts to slow down, with constant loading wheels and just becoming unusable until I quit via Task Manager. I am using the Google Drive File Stream which might impact this performance but it is mandatory that I use it.

How do I adress this issue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Hi,

It looks that your issue is similar to https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

You can vote for this issue on Uservoice and you will get all the updates on its status.

Regarding the slowness when opening the file from Dropbox, are you still facing the issue? 

Is the issue with any group of files you open or with particular set of files?

Did you face similar issue with InDesign 15.0.1?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right question always contains right answer in it. Did you try to open that files through using only your HDD without Google Drive?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it doesn't matter where I open it from. Whether it is the Drive or the local disk drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you gather anything from all of these processes? This is what it looks like when InDesign slows down to a halt:

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. Please try following instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html and let us know if ut helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. After more sleuthing and troubleshooting. I found a potential culprit.

InDesign keeps creating this following file: AdobeFnt21 in Document Fonts, and it is automatically removed in less of a second. It's stuck in this loop when it does this. Any solution to solving this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sorry, please delete this comment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, following up with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It looks that your issue is similar to https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...

You can vote for this issue on Uservoice and you will get all the updates on its status.

Regarding the slowness when opening the file from Dropbox, are you still facing the issue? 

Is the issue with any group of files you open or with particular set of files?

Did you face similar issue with InDesign 15.0.1?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines