• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2021 Workspace bar missing on opening a document

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Indesign CC2021 for Mac to version 16.4, I have noticed each time I open an InDesign document, the Workspace at the top of the page is not there.

I have to go to Window / Workspace Advanced. for it to appear.

When I open Indesign before choosing a document it is there, but any further documents it disappears and have to retrieve it each time.

Has anyone had this issue and if so how can I gert the Workspace bar to be there all the time, like before update to 16.4

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , Performance , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please click on Window > Control to enable the control options. I have attached a screenshot as well for your reference:

Ashutosh_Mishra_1-1629928493808.png

Hope it helps.
If you lose the control options in the next launch, I'd recommend resetting your preferences of the app once. It should help. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please click on Window > Control to enable the control options. I have attached a screenshot as well for your reference:

Ashutosh_Mishra_1-1629928493808.png

Hope it helps.
If you lose the control options in the next launch, I'd recommend resetting your preferences of the app once. It should help. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like something that trashing your InDesign preferences might fix. It would especially make sense if when updating to 16.4 you chose the option to "import previous settings and preferences". Whenever you update it is never a good idea to use that option as inevitably it leads to issues.

To trash preferences on a Mac:

The User Library folder in which InDesign’s preferences are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that InDesign is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the folder called “Adobe InDesign” and the file called “com.adobe.InDesign.plist” and delete both that folder and that file. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files in this manner is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines