• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC effects panel doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to apply an effect to a rectangle such as bevel and emboss the style, technique and direction controls won't change.  I can't select anything other than Inner bevel, smooth and up.  I don't know why this is not working properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Aman's suggestion to delete preferences does not work then try deleting your InDesign cache files. This can be very helpful with Panel related problems.

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire file “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the cache file completely leads to a lasting change. 

For Windows Users: On Windows 7 and above the caches files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]\<Language>\Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aman’s answer fixed my issue, but your advice sounds very helpful too.  I will try it if Ihave further panel related problems.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And starting with the basics (to rule out the most common issues):

• Is the shape selected?
  • Is Preview turned on?
  • Did you select the correct part you wanted to change, i.e., object, fill, stroke, text?
  • Does your shape have that element, i.e., if you are applying a bevel to a stroke, does the rectangle have a stroke?

Maybe none of this applies, but please confirm that you have already checked all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have checked all these things, and they were not the problem.  Thank you for your help though, its much appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the cache as per suggested below and restarted the computer and nothing still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it finally works. Thanks, people, for your expertise and how too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines