• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC Libraries and text issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anne-Marie Concepción has a video on LinkedIn Learning under Indesign Tips for Design Geeks> January-March 2021> Update the same text across multiple layout at once.

She selects some text and then hits the plus sign at the bottom of the CC Libraries panel. This makes an item in the library that can be used to update the same text across multiple layouts at once.

When I do this and place a linked version of this library item all I get is an empty box on the page with no text.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me. Make sure when you hit the plus sign, to add it to the library, you choose it to be Text:

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10.26.39 AM.png

Then if you drag the Text item from the library to another file, it should appear with the same appearance in a second document:

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10.28.15 AM.png

Tell us more about your system:  Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Werner thanks so much for your reply. I am doing eactly what you mentioned but when I go to use the Library item I just created it just puts an empty text frame on the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show me a picture of the item when it's in the library before you drag it onto the page. Does it show under the "Text"  category like mine? Does it show the text when it's inside the library like mine?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even updated my InDesign today to 19.4 just to try and get this to work and no luck. I have included a screen shot as you requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it happen with just one file, or does it happen with all files you experiment with?

If just one file, there could be some corruption. Save the InDesign file as IDML: File  > Save As InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. And reopen the file.

If it happens with every file, I'd try restoring your InDesign preferences and caches. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines