Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Character and Paragraph panels not working

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 18.01.24.png

I have an issue where my Character and Paragraph panels now don't display any information.  The Paragraph panel stopped working a couple of weeks ago and my Character panel stopped working today.

I can highlight the text and the properties show in the top panel (when in Essential Classic view), but the individual panels remain blank.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

UI problems are often Cache related. You might try deleting your Caches folder before Preferences— if it’s the Caches you won’t have to rebuild your prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard troubleshooting would be to delete/rebuild preferences: https://creativepro.com/rebuilding-indesign-preferences/

Or, clear the caches, see Bill Silbert's 2nd post, not the one marked as correct answer (which was for deleting preferences): https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/need-to-clear-indesign-cc-2019-cache/m-p/1052374...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI problems are often Cache related. You might try deleting your Caches folder before Preferences— if it’s the Caches you won’t have to rebuild your prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rob - This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What helps me, because it sometimes happens to me too, is to double-click twice on the title of the palette (i.e. the window closes once and the next time you double-click, the window appears again - and its contents).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the lastes InDesign this is happening at least once a week, on multiple computers.

We have trashed both Caches and Preferences and it only last a day or two. Then Panels start corrupting and within a day or say Indesign will shut down with a Serious Error.

Others havng this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep same problem here. It's a bug for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines