• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign constantly crashing on new Mac M1 Chip

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is contantly crashing on my new Macbook Pro. Does anybody know why this keeps happening? I know the programmes aren't optimised yet to run on the M1 but they should be running fine under Rossetta 2. Photoshop & Illustrator run perfectly but for some reason when I have InDesign open my whole computer freaks out! It's always placing PDFs that causes this to happen. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

This link may provide more information abou the status of using Rosetts 2 with InDesign:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/macbook-air-m1-2020-indesign-keeps-stalling/td-p/11702474?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

I'm afraid that you're putting a little too much faith in the powers of Rosetta 2.

Just because Apple says that legacy programs should work fine Under Rosetta doesn't mean they will. And for several legacy programs, InDesign and Photoshop included, erratic problems have resulted. At this stage, I wouldn't necessarily be laying this at the feet of Adobe. But even though I'm nothing more than an end user, just like you, I can say that Adobe is working hard to compile Silicon-native apps for your

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link may provide more information abou the status of using Rosetts 2 with InDesign:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/macbook-air-m1-2020-indesign-keeps-stalling/td-p/11702474?pa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that you're putting a little too much faith in the powers of Rosetta 2.

Just because Apple says that legacy programs should work fine Under Rosetta doesn't mean they will. And for several legacy programs, InDesign and Photoshop included, erratic problems have resulted. At this stage, I wouldn't necessarily be laying this at the feet of Adobe. But even though I'm nothing more than an end user, just like you, I can say that Adobe is working hard to compile Silicon-native apps for your M1 Mac.

Steve has shared a link where you can find out about latest developments. Take heart that things will get better for you, even as you're riding down the bleeding edge of technology. You're out ahead of the curve, but Adobe's racing to catch up with you.

I wish I had better news for you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Randy, hopefully soon it will all run smoothly so I can get some work done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me too regardless of what I'm doing on the file (importing an image, moving an object,...) and in some cases InDesign freezes for 30 seconds and most of the time I have to restart my Mac because there is not response from the keyboard or the trackpad.

I found that categorizing that thread as "Solved" is also very sketchy from Adobe, as nothing will actually solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an M1-compatible beta available. Look in the CC Desktop app under beta apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, I'll upload it right away!

Hopefully it will solve the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep in mind that it is a beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having severe issues with InDesign and installed the BETA.  Took 2 minutes to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now use Affinity Publisher instead, InDesign is very temperamental. It's a £25 one-off payment and works a dream. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Beta Release is not showing up on the Beta apps list. I have updated my creative cloud and signed in and out and it is still not there. Where are they on fixing this and why on earth would they put it out there if it didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's expired. You'll have to have to wait now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines