Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - COPY & PASTE IN PLACE PROBLEM :(

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am have copied an image in photoshop and turned it into a mask.

I am copying the original image in Indesign and pasting it in place (on the same page) should be exactly on top of the other one.

I then relink to the mask image, which when placed above the original moves slightly!!!!

It is also comes in slightly smaller.

I re-adjusted the size and also checked that the x/y position are as the original but still something is not right with the placement.

Please advise, thnx -

Email address removed by Moderator, please don't post your email address on an open forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copying the original image in Indesign and pasting it in place (on the same page) should be exactly on top of the other one.

Hi @moty5DDA , maybe rather than direct selecting the image and copying, copy the parent container frame (black selection tool) followed by a Paste in Place.

Also, linked image previews are compressed proxies, so it is possible the images are lined up but the proxies are not accurate enough to show the exact positions. If you check the Link Info for the two images do they have the same pixel dimensions, and does the Transform panel show matching X,Y positions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the great suggestion given by Rob earlier, I'd request you to check out these two help articles:

1. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/placing-graphics.html

2. https://creativepro.com/copy-and-paste-vs-place/

I hope these help you out with your concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi moty5DDA,

to check if this is a screenredraw issue only or if the image did really move select the image inside of the two frames and compare position and size. Do that with the Transform panel or the Control panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines