• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign copy paste the text box, it become an image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works when copy paste a text box within the same page, but when i paste the text box to other pages, it becomes an image inside a image box.

anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Hi Vika,

a workaround would be perhaps using InDesign's duplicate capabilities:

Open the spread where you want the copy in a second layout window.

Drag the selected text frame to the other window.

That should do a duplicate where the clipboard is not involved.

Or if you want to do that in one layout window, zoom out that you can see the spread you want the copy.

Select and hold the Alt key to duplicate the text frame.

And finally you could duplicate selected text by holding the Alt key.

But for this you

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and chatting with Adobe was very unhelpful. They said it was just "the workflow." So, I just opened the layout created in Adobe 2022 IN Adobe 2023 and copied and pasted from the old layout to a new one created in 2023 and it's fine. It just doesn't work if you open a layout in Adobe 2022 and copy text to a layout in Adobe 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have also been having the issue repeatedly over the past year or so with no solution. (Indesign 2021, Windows). When copy and paste directly after the copy in the same or different documents, there is usually no issue. However, when you do something in between the copy and paste (some other command, or even random clicks around the page) then the dreaded <pasted graphic>  occurance happens. So for insantce, even clicking to scroll through the document to get to your prefered page will activate this issue. Very frusterating. Would be also greatful for a solution rather than a work around! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have found a solution to this particular problem. When copying and pasting-in-place, I was using the standard shortcuts ctrl+c and ctrl+alt+shift+v which should normally work. However, I had at one point modified the standard set of keyboard shortcuts (even though the above shortcut functions were programed with the same tags) and this seemed to be causing the issue. After switching back to the standard set, the problem no longer occurs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. Has anyone found a resolution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the content convoyer tools fpor that purpose. Normally the 3rd slot in the tool box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Adobe 2022 and am just working in 2023 now, but I would be curious if the Content Collector Tool works in this case without placing text as an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@stephaniea63886159 said:

"I don't want to duplicate ... I want to copy text from a layout created in InDesign 2022 and paste into a new layout in InDesign 2023."

To copy text between two different versions of InDesign will create a graphic element in the target document.

Two or three ways around that:

[1] Open the InDesign 2022 document in InDesign 2023 and then copy/paste.

[2] Move the text frame out of the layout frame to your file system. This will create a snippet file with suffix *.idms. You can place the *.idms file in your other version's InDesign, just drag it in from Finder or File Explorer. Alternatively export the selected text frame to an *idms snippet file.

[3] Add the text to a CC Libraries library with InDesign 2022 and pull it out when with InDesign 2023.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines