Mac OS 10.11.6, Indesign CC 2017.1, Build 126.96.36.199
InDesign crashes every time I choose the Object Export Options command. I have tried trashing the preferences file. I have tried resetting the PRAM. It used to work but now consistently does not. I cannot pinpoint when it stopped working or what has changed. Four other designers with the same configuration are not experiencing the same problem. Any ideas how to solve this problem?
I would update the operating system (macOS High Sierra 10.13.2) and indesign (13.0.1)
No problems here with latest macOS 10.13.2 and InDesign update 13.0.1.
Did Vladan's suggestion work for you or are you still experiencing issues? Let us know if you need further assistance.
I am having the same issues. it just started today.
Is there an update that address this issue. I am still having the same problem.
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you can share a few more details like:
This is happening on all documents. The version of InDesign is v14.03 and this is on a windows system. When you right click on the image and select object export options. The program would used to crash. Now it does not crash but the command is non responsive and nothing pops up to insert an alt tag.
Thanks for sharing the details. I'd recommend resetting the preferences for InDesign. To reset the preferences, please follow the steps below:
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.
Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.
InDesign crashes on "Object Export Options" again in Adobe indesign 16.1
Mac Big Sur 11.2.3
InDesign now crashing on attempted launch of "Object Export Options" in Adobe InDesign 15.1.3 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909. Resetting preferences doesn't solve problem, plus after the reset I can now not open documents from the thumbnails of recent documents. I click on them and nothing happens.
Why can't Adobe effectively patch this recurring and unpredictable Object Export Options crashing problem? It's beyond annoying. I can't make my documents accessible without Object Export Options!
I am having the same issues on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 with InDesign 16.1. When I bring up Object Export Options and try to click on any of the dropdowns to change an object to an artifact, the dropdown won't show up. Same frustration, I can't make any documents accessible without Object Export Options and I don't want to deal with tagging in Acrobat because that can be just as frustrating.
I am running MacOS 10.13.6 and using InDesign 15.1.2. Until today (18th September 2020) everything was fine. Now everytime I use Object Export Objects to create an artefact InDesign crashes. I need to URGENTLY solve this problem as I create accessible documents/PDF's on a daily basis and work on Covid 19 material that needs posting online. Please can someone at Adobe or a fellow community member offer a solution to this problem.
Copy link to clipboard
Kevin said: "… InDesign now crashing on attempted launch of "Object Export Options" in Adobe InDesign 15.1.3 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909."
did you try to trash Cache files and / or the Preferences?
Before doing anything in this direction, close InDesign and do a backup of the following Version 15.0 folders:
UserName > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign > Version 15.0
UserName > AppData >Roaming > Adobe > InDesign > Version 15.0
As a next step after the backup delete or rename the two Version 15.0 folders and start InDesign.
InDesign will create new folders for cache and preferences. When done try to export again.
If that will not help, close InDesign, restore your backups of the two folders; the issue could be document related.
Maybe a different approach would help then…
( ACP )
Hi Uwe -
Thanks, this worked for me. I'd already reset the Preferences, but resetting the Cache as well is what made this work for me. Many thanks!
This worked for me. The problem started today, and this clearing of the cache and preferences folders did the trick.