• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashes

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Indesign wont load and it says that an error has occurred. I was exporting documents to PDF and at 70% it crashed. Please help. I have to submit work tomorow!!!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Hi thanks Robert, I sorted it. It just seemed the files i had in the document were too big so i had to delete some of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Just to make the work look the best with high quality thats all, I just completely underestimated how large the file would be. But its all sorted now 🙂 Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences - or if it won't help - do a clean install:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it started to export till the very end and then. said "Adobe indesign has run out of disk storage for temporary database files. but i dont understand as i have 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have what? What is the configuration of your computer? 

Try exporting in smaller chunks. 

How big is your INDD file? Have you been doing only Ctrl+S or Save with a new name to clean your INDD file? 

What is the total size of your linked files?

Try to do a Package of your project And then try to export PDF again from this new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks Robert, I sorted it. It just seemed the files i had in the document were too big so i had to delete some of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? 

If those were bitmaps - you should've changed their resolution / resample them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel – How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have on your system?

(Please delete the first image you posted as it contains personal contact information – not wise on a public forum!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will do! And I have 16GB ram and 256 GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much of the 256GB is spare?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So thankfully I have submitted the work and everything is ok. But it's took approx 50GB to export at high quality print. Thankfully now I have deleted the files so I have a lot more storage. But at the time it was huge file size 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now I have about 100GB spare 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the more RAM and sufficient spare hard disk capacity will make a difference to effectively processing large files.

Why did you choose "High Quality Print" for the PDF preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make the work look the best with high quality thats all, I just completely underestimated how large the file would be. But its all sorted now 🙂 Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're getting documents printed by a commercial printer you should always check the spec they want with them before proceeding. Nowadays, mostly PDF/X-4 is the reccommended preset with single pages selected (not spreads), and select "Use Document Bleed Settings" and "Crop Marks" (though some printers don't want crop marks). 

Glad your job worked out in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks a lot for the advice! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines