• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 - Font is missing, but its not?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a project from another designer and when I open the file, it says various fonts are missing (I mean, Ariel Black, seriously?). But also fonts I knew I didn't have (Aachen Bold) which I have since downloaded and installed in Font book and are active. They even show up in the list of fonts when I open them in Id.  How do I get them to be recognized? I have closed the project and restarted Id hoping it would recognize it but to luck. PLEASE help! A step by step would be a godsend, I am ready to pull my hair out! Thank you!!

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem. I'm part of a design team that all work remotely. We all work with each others indesign files. There a a few fonts that we use regularly for example: Sloop Script. For some reason each of us has to replace each others fonts whenever we open each others files. I have asked the other designers to package their version of Sloop that they've used in the files, and have installed them on my computer yet, we still have this same problem. I cannot understand for the life of me how to fix this.

I know it's not a huge deal to just update the fonts every time we open a file, but this is happening up to 25 times a day, and ultimately it's hurting my efficiency.

I've looked at the font names, and I cannot see a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having this exact problem. I have all the same fonts the other designers on my team have, but they don't have an issue with each other. It's only my files that we keep having to find and replace fonts with. The biggest problem is that our OTF fonts are not allowing me to actually use the Open Type features to change figures to tabular lining. Which means other designers are having to export my work for me. We have tried so many work arounds for ensuring the fonts are all consistent, but it's still persisting. Were you ever able to find the solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working remotely as well and having this issue too. The strange thing is that if I open the previous version (It's a catalog so just the last iteration) of the document I'm currently working on that has the same fonts, then the error goes away for my current document. Doesn't make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to File - Package, and select Fonts, you can get a list of all fonts in the document, or all problem fonts (a difference of a checkbox). Click on the name of a font in the list and you can ask the computer to show you the first instance of it.

If you click on the name of a font, then you can select a replacement font and font style for it (as in Times New Roman, bold) and tell it to Change All instances where that font is used.

Note: You might have the correct font installed, but the style might be wrong. It might say [bold] when it needs to say [regular] or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines