Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 is blurry on iMac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My CS6 is driving me crazy as all menus are blurry. The text in text boxes are blurry too. And furthermore I have to place the cursor one space to the right to hit the spot I want to change a margin, procentage etc.

I'm Danish and my English is fairly okay. But I am not a computer expert, and reading throw all the questions about blurry issues with CS6 in here, made my head spin. And unfortunately I am never the wiser. Maybe my English is not sufficient.

I bought InDesign november 2015 and the iMac 21.5 (Retina) at the same time. I have had "computer guys" look at the problem, but no solution was found. Now 2,5 years later I think the time has come to ask in here.

I checked Display performance, which should be correct. If I understand correctly it seems like there is problem with CS6 and Retina screen. Is this correct? And as I understand it, there's nothing to do about it. Is this correct?

I do hope I have misunderstood everything, and that there is a small simple thing I can do, so I don't have to feel drunk when ever working with InDesign.

Really hope this post makes any sense?!  I will be grateful for ANY help - thank you very much 🙂

Charlotte

wrong.png

Blurry menu.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Hi Charlotte,

InDesign CS6 does not support Retina displays.

InDesign CC version 9 was the first one that did.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlotte,

InDesign CS6 does not support Retina displays.

InDesign CC version 9 was the first one that did.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you bought InDesign CS6 in 2015, that's curious because at that time the version was CC2015.

Also, CS6 is not supported by Adobe running under High Sierra. Probably time for you to consider upgrading to the latest version CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek,

today you can buy a CS6 without problem on Adobe Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, as part of the CC subscription, but why would you want to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much.

I quess that shows how little I know about computers, I must have bought an old version in 2015?! I am quite puzzled about this. Paid well enough for it, so I think I will contact the shop today and ask them, why they would sell an outdated version. Not that it will help me any, I just find it really weird. But it's a well known and reliable shop, so it's very weird.

So I guess no one has blurry problems with InDesign anymore.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't buy directly from Adobe, there's a good chance you bought pirated software anyway. CS6 was released in 2012 and has long since reached end of life. Adobe neither sells nor supports it anymore.

It's available as part of CC subscriptions for those that need older versions but you won't get any support for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

It's really a serious and professionel Danish website I bought it from. But I called them half an hour ago to talk to them about it. He said, that they have old versions of every programme they sell - and new of course. They even have Word Perfect versions, as people still requires them (not many though). So it was my own fault not being aware that I didn't buy the newest.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selling you obsolete software that's not suitable for the hardware they also sold you doesn't sound like a "serious and professional" supplier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In their defense I bought the iMac from Apple, not the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s irrelevant. Anyone selling old software should be warning users how old it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then there really is nothing to do for me than buy a new. Thank you very much Laubender.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines