Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Cursor flickering

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I open InDesign my cursor starts flickering. Its really anoying, because of this I can't use most of the functions. I have photoshop and illustrator aswell, but when I use those there is no issue. 

I tried to find a solution here, but no result. A lot of people say that the Lavasoft web companion might cause the problem, but it isn't installed on my pc. 

Please help, I tried to look for several solutions already.. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 2020 now, but I've used 2019 before. With the 2019 version I didn't experience any problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of OS?
Please try resetting Adobe InDesign preferences once. Please follow instructions given on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html to do that.
Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I habe the same problem:

If there is one document open in psd, the cursor flickers in different other programs – it changes its form from the tool to the normal MAC cursor very quickly. This problem occurs ind indd, illustrator, safari, mail eg. when i close all doks in psd the problem is gone. BUT: I´m workin parallel with all programs, interactive, so i cant always close documents to erase this problem.

Please Adobe fix this problem – in my opinion the problem is bases partially to the tool settings in PSD!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, Catalina, Adobe CC latest, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines