• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Datamerge Issue

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do the data merge in Indesign with Text and square shape, there are gaps between the square shape, it's not joining for the laser cuts. It looks fine in normal view, but in the "outline" view we can see the gaps. How can I remove the gaps between shapes?

Indesign Version 18

Thanks

Biju

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no outline view in InDesign...

You might have your Stroke set to inside - change the Stroke to inside, middle or outside, see if it fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the edges to overlap you must set the stroke alignment to center, and uncheck Dimensions Include Stroke Weight in the Control Panel menu.

I'm curious, though, why you need to do this with squares rather than drawing horizontal and vertical cut lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Laser Machine cut, so I need to have stroke on all 4 sides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Horizontal and vertical lines across the width and height of the page (you can use Step and Repeat to space them between your "squares" give you strokes on all four sides, it's just that they are long lines, not closed squares. Hard for me to believe there waould be a functional difference in the cutting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines