Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - Delete row in table

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Why can't I delete a row in a table in InDesign anymore?
Someone with the same problem?

Captura de Tela 2022-10-23 às 07.01.37.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these work?

To delete a row, column, or table, place the insertion point inside the table, or select text in the table, and then choose Table > Delete > Row, Column, or Table. To delete rows and columns by using the Table Options dialogue box, choose Table > Table Options > Table Setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no... with the InDesign update these options were hidden. It just erases the entire table. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mauricio_Domingues ,

could you share a document with that table?

This is definitely not the norm.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just hit this same problem with a table imported in a Word doc. InDesign had added an extra row that I couldn't delete. I eventually figured out that all the table rows (except the extra one) were set to be header rows. I'm guessing InDesign requires there be at least one row that's not a header or footer, which must be why it added the exta.

I selected all the rows, right-clicked and chose Convert to Body Rows, and then was finally able to delete the extra row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines