• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Digital Magazine to Wordpress Theme Is the Question?????

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question for sakshiv74785150, I am designing a digital magazine and would like to host the magazine on my wordpress website, NOT post the pages but have my magazine as the Theme. Can you help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019
No. If you want a Wordpress website, buy a good theme and get to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. WordPress is its own world, use Wordpress tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah didn't think it was gonna be so easy, the thing is I have so much design control with Indesign and with wordpress sites they all look like templates and I wanted to create a digital magazine the would resemble the print version so I wanted to translate the mag in wordpress since Indesign has the tooling in HTML5 and Publish Online feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know much about Wordpress, but it seems to be its own world. I see that if you have HTML5 people sell converters from HTML5 to Wordpress, so you'd be trying to push through many layers of conversion. Detailed design control is kind of alien to the web world anyway; you can only suggest, not control like a PDF or printed page. If you're reaching the limits of Wordpress, you might consider moving to HTML sites and an HTML editor (NOT InDesign; that's a poor third best HTML editor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limits of WordPress? Trust me, because I do know a lot about it...you'd have one hell of a time reaching its limits. There is almost nothing that can't be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a site in wordpress now I'm just not that familiar working with custom features. The reason why I want Indesign to work is we're creating a print version of our magazine and wanted the digital magazine to come from the same build-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then export a PDF and use one of the many WordPress plugins designed to display them on your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I want to design it on InDesign and publish it through wordpress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is four years old, but its resurrection is notable as a more general example of what I've said in other recent posts: Many novices and even more advanced designers are coming to the field with a very blurred view of what tool does what and how... on which platform.

It's not a universal set of elements like Lego or Meccano, friends. And in general, the attempt to make every tool do every job is not progress.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with what? Nothing has changed and nothing is likely to, either. InDesign is not a web authoring tool. The possibilities are already covered here so I am going to lock this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll try this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pages in Indesign have video and animation will it still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. If you want a Wordpress website, buy a good theme and get to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thing is I have so much design control with Indesign and w/ wordpress sites all look like templates. I wanted to create a digital magazine the would resemble the print version so I wanted to translate the mag we create in Indesign into wordpress since Indesign has the tooling in HTML5 and Publish Online feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines