• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign doesn't let me select anything until I restart the program

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I launch Indesign it seems like the file is unresponsive. I can't select, move or change anything and I have to close the program and then open it again. Sometimes it works for a minute and then it just 'locks'. I am working on a windows machine but this happens on our Apple Mac as well. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Hello 🙂 

So I have the latest Indesign and I work on Windows 10 Pro (Im not tech savvy so im not sure if this is the info you need) Its strange because Im working on a brand new gaming PC. Its happening to multiple files. Ill try checking out the restoring preferences. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all InDesign files? If you create a new, blank document, does it happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not new files no, just existing files as far as I have experienced. But when I create a file, close the document and then open it again later then it does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Creative22188090x9f2 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. Is this happening with the latest version of InDesign which is 17.3? Please share the OS version.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files? 
  3. If it's happening with a specific file, please try the suggestions shared here.
  4. If it's happening on multiple files, have you tried restoring preferences?

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello 🙂 

So I have the latest Indesign and I work on Windows 10 Pro (Im not tech savvy so im not sure if this is the info you need) Its strange because Im working on a brand new gaming PC. Its happening to multiple files. Ill try checking out the restoring preferences. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines