• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign embedded images poor quality

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with image embedding for future use. My embedded images, when deleted from my computer, show up as low quality by default, even if the settings on the image are high quality. If I leave the image on the computer, this doesn't happen. The low quality resolution outputs to pdf as well. 

I have tried setting my default image quality as well. 

TOPICS
Print , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have embedded the images? It sounds like they are still linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are able to tell whether an image is linked or embedded by looking at the Links panel. Do you see the circled icon on the Links panel as you see below?

Link_Embed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the other responders have said it sounds like your images are linked rather than embedded. You can embed the images  from within InDesign by selecting the image in the Links Panel and then useing The "Embed Link" option in the Links Panel pull-down menu. Once the images are embedded you will no longer need then original links in order to maintain the high quality of the images.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.31.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The real question here, for me, is why are you doing this? Just leave the images linked and be done with it. Embedding a few small images isn't a big deal but at some point, you will blow up the file size and risk corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines