Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Excel linked documents

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have built files years ago that are linked to Excel which have just stopped working.

In Excel some of the formulas say if(A1="","",A1) as an example and therefore result in empty cells.

I have had error messages today when trying to import the data which says "Cannot convert document. An unknown error occurred during the conversion." Having spent a long while trying to work out how to correct I have found that if I remove the lines with empty results then the excel file will update on the links. This is only recently the case (worked fine 3 months ago) and therefore I believe it is a bug in the most recent version. Can I get around this?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that, by installing an older version of Indesign?

It may help, if you change the formula to something like if(A1=""," ",A1). You could try that.

BTW, your formula does not make great sense to me, as you always set the cell to the value of A1, even if A1=""!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have installed 17.3 and it has worked so definitely a new version bug I would say.  Thank you for suggesting this it has really helped.

Sarah 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines