• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign export to PDF dialog box completely missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MacOS Big Sur 11.5, using the latest version of InDesign. 

I want to export to PDF and change spread to pages. I used to get a detailed PDF Export dialog box (first image below), but now I just get the standard MacOS 'save as' dialog box (second image). 

Any ideas how to get my PDF export settings back?

I have tried restarting the computer as well as uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign. I have also tried all of this on another machine and it's the same issue.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 1.08.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 1.09.16 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Hi Cody,

the first part of the export is always the dialog where you determine the name of the file you want to export and the folder; of course also the format, Adobe PDF (Print). If you go on by pressing the Save button you should see Export Adobe PDF dialog window.

If the Export Adobe PDF dialog window is not showing I'd suggest you reset preferences and caches:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Before you do this:

[1] Quit InDesign

[2] D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Use InDesign Document Name as the output Filename. Just hit save or uncheck it and give it a name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export Setting should follow as soon as you click Save. If THAT's not happening, something is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is EXACTLY what was happening (or not happening?).

Had to completely uninstall Adobe CC (all apps) and then reinstall with no settings remembered. This fixed it, but at the same time... WHY!? 

Thank you all for your help with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cody,

the first part of the export is always the dialog where you determine the name of the file you want to export and the folder; of course also the format, Adobe PDF (Print). If you go on by pressing the Save button you should see Export Adobe PDF dialog window.

If the Export Adobe PDF dialog window is not showing I'd suggest you reset preferences and caches:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Before you do this:

[1] Quit InDesign

[2] Do a backup of the two mentioned Version 16.0 folders so that you can restore your preferences and caches.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of OS and InDesign? Are you using Command-E to export? If you chose PDF interactive– do you get that dialog box? Is there a previous version of the PDF with that exact name that is open (locked) in that folder? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines