• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign file is not saving

Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesign file is not saving. I would for several hours yesterday and saved the file many times but today when I open the file, my changes are gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Windows 10, CC Indesign 2016.

Okay, I thought I had plenty of space on my C drive as I had solved a previous problem (exports that reflected a previous version of the InDesign file) by deleting many, many files. So... this time I moved my CC folder to D drive which has 1 Terabyte free and, after a couple hours, the file reflected the current edits that had seemed to be lost forever... now I am operating fine. Lesson learned - I must retain HUGE expanses of open space to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your InDesign preferences first:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I tell if this has made an improvement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than the question listed in the article, when I do a reset of app preferences, I get this question, "

Do you want this app to make changes to your device?"

So I am not sure if I am really reseting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign (exactly) are you running? What operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem of saved material disappearing is back with a vengeance!

I am wondering if the problem could be that CC does not work properly unless it is in the C drive? The new CC that I have I put on my D drive.

The indd files now show the last date modified at 2-10-2018, the day that I moved the CC and everything seemed to be on-track again. Even though I save and save and created a copy, they all say that they were last modified on that day and I have lost many, many hours of work on all the days since the 10th.

As I saved, I would check to make sure that I was working on the D drive and yet today when I went to work, one of the files is on the C drive! Yes, I realize it must somehow be user error, but I do not know how!

You may say that I must have the file named as something else. Well, I took a unique phrase that has been added since the 10th and did a Windows search and it does not appear anywhere on my D drive. (Do Windows searches work with INDD files?)

You may say that I should do the Shift-Alt-Enter reset of preferences. I have done that several times this afternoon and it does not help.

Do I somehow not have enough space???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, CC Indesign 2016.

Okay, I thought I had plenty of space on my C drive as I had solved a previous problem (exports that reflected a previous version of the InDesign file) by deleting many, many files. So... this time I moved my CC folder to D drive which has 1 Terabyte free and, after a couple hours, the file reflected the current edits that had seemed to be lost forever... now I am operating fine. Lesson learned - I must retain HUGE expanses of open space to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if the re-set of app preferences played a role in the solution. By itself it did nothing, but I did it several times, including after moving the cc folder to drive D, so perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines