• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign for Mac Sierra

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old iMac with high Sierra 10.13.6. I can't do any update on my Mac.

I need to use Indesign (a version of Indesign that can works on High Sierra).

Where can I find it?

Thank you in advance,

Andrea

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

The Creative Cloud desktop app will only offer the latest version of InDesign and one back. There is a trustable website called ProDesignTools which offers links to earlier versions. Recently they have no longer been able to offer links to the more recent versions but I believe that links to CC 2019 and earlier (which will work on High Sierra) are still offered and usable. Try going to https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud desktop app will only offer the latest version of InDesign and one back. There is a trustable website called ProDesignTools which offers links to earlier versions. Recently they have no longer been able to offer links to the more recent versions but I believe that links to CC 2019 and earlier (which will work on High Sierra) are still offered and usable. Try going to https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Bill's advice:

I know that many users successfully install newer systems on unsupported Macs by using OpenCore Legacy Patcher:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/

In which case you should be able to use the latest InDesign versions.

I personally don't have any experience with this and only post it as a general info which you may or may not find useful. If you want to know more I recommend to check forums on MacRumors.com - there are many active discussions on OCLP there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're going to need a new computer if High Sierra is the cut-off on yours. That machine has to be at least 10 years old. These things don't last forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines