• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign frame / canvas colour - no change brightness option!!

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 17.37.41.png

Sorry first off let me apologise as I have googled this and there is a fair amount of information on it. But no one seems to suffer my issue, I've attached the image of my CS6 page to help show what i'm saying. Basically I want a darker background, I have it in photoshop which is the program I mainly use, I now want to get to learn indesign and illustrator better but the white is so off putting. Any ideas from the genius' out there??? Attached a picture to show.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Hi,

UI theme color change was not present in version 8.x (CS6)of InDesign...

If you were on InDesign CC 2017.1(latest) you can open preferences and change the UI theme color from the General tab

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

UI theme color change was not present in version 8.x (CS6)of InDesign...

If you were on InDesign CC 2017.1(latest) you can open preferences and change the UI theme color from the General tab

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in InDesign v.8.xx (aka CS6). Unlike PS and Illy - their code was rewritten for CS6 and dark interface was already available. InDesign got it only in CC.

In Windows, however, it follows the OS color theme settings (more or less), so it's possible to make it somewhat darker, along with some other apps. Complicated and not recommended.

Here's the screen of Win7/ID CS6. It's not 'standard', more grayish and generally a bit darker, because OS itself is modified (officially undocumented and unsupported).

CS6interface.png

While there may be similar possibilities on Mac I strongly doubt it's worth to play these games...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I want a darker background,

If by canvas you mean the page color you can change the [Paper] swatch color, however that color will not print and you would only change it if you are printing on colored paper stock. If you want a printable background color, you have to draw a rectangle and fill it with a color.

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 1.18.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 also lets you change the Preview background color:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 1.26.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 1.27.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines