• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign generated PDF missing elements.

Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, my latest version of InDesign, which is 15.1.2, is missing elements when I generate a PDF using any of the built-in PDF Presets. The funny thing is everything appears to be correct when you scroll through the file preview. It's just when you open up the PDF in Acrobat Pro DC v 2020.012.20043 that the elements go missing.

However, if I use any of my own custom PDF Presets, which were created prior to this release, everything is fine. Is this a bug in the latest version or something else?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

UPDATE:

Problem solved. Turns out it was a corrupted copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I uninstalled the old app and reinstalled a fresh copy and everything is working fine. Thanks to everyone who responded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Did it happen with a specific file?

You may also share a small video or screenshots of the workflow. It'll help us understand the issue and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ashutosh.

I'm using MacOS Catalina 10.15.6.  Please send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the PDF file I'm having problems with.

Thanks,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this thread is about InDesign, but for what it's worth, I've had a display issue with Acrobat for a long time. I'm currently using Acrobat 2020.012.20043.

When viewed at Zoom to Page Level, elements of a PDF are missing. For example, in this screen shot, I used Command 0 to zoom to page level, which for this page and my monitor turns out to be 42.2%:

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 8.23.03 PM.png

Changing the view % to anything (including 42.2%) fixes the problem. Here's the same screen at 42.2%, but without zoom to page level:

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 8.23.19 PM.png

Notice that the image of the second bag of sugar is now displaying correctly. When you go back to zoom to page level (through the menu or with the shortcut), the sugar is missing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat Pro DC. Plus, get rid of any additional copies of Acrobat that may be hanging around. I just did and it resolved all of my display problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the PDF look OK when you open it in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Problem solved. Turns out it was a corrupted copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I uninstalled the old app and reinstalled a fresh copy and everything is working fine. Thanks to everyone who responded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines