• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign help - spinning circle and cannot edit document

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac recently updated to InDesign 2023.  I was working on a document two days ago and everything was fine.  Today I cannot edit my document... I tried to delete type and the cursor will not go to the proper area.  Then that #@$%^ rainbow spinning circle appears.  I tried restarting the computer, shutting down and none of that helped.  I am new to the Mac so I am not sure how to proceed without losing my document that has two different fonts and a graphic and two photographs.  Where it was saved on my computer there is now a file that is not an InDesign document with the file name as well as the original InDesign document. if I open the InDesign file it opens with the spinning circle.

Do I have to start over?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is too big to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System specs would be a good place to start. Operating system, RAM, and processor.

Does this happen with all documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd suggest restoring your InDesign preferences and caches. Doing so may require you to recreate any preferences you may have set:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines