Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - Images with white background that are not white when exported

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!
I'm doing a layout and it has some illustrations made by me, I've moved them to Photoshop and in theory the background is completely white.
When I view it in presentation (Shift+W) it doesn't have any problem, as you can see in the first image. But when I export it, it creates a difference with the background, as you can see in the second image. As if it had an off-white background, and it makes a difference.
I've tried with the multiply effect, but it doesn't affect it in this aspect.
Thank you very much!

1.jpg2.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export it to what? Export it how? How are you viewing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's the program I use to view it....
I click on File/Export.../Adobe PDF and the options are these:

Uxuemgm_0-1624475581127.png

When you asked me how I'm viewing it I opened the PDF with Firefox and it didn't show the off white box, neither opening with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, but when I open it with PDF Architect 7 it does. That wouldn't be a problem for the majority of the people, right? ( Not many people use that program...) Would it be a problem when printing?

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn’t a problem with the images—the backgrounds are all 255|255|255 RGB white. The images don’t have a color profile assigned, so your export to [High Quality Print] exports the placed images with no profile. You might try exporting using the PDF/X-4 preset, which will assign your InDesign document’s RGB profile to the images on export, and see if PDF Architect wants a profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the Photoshop illustration via Dropbox or your CC account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is from wetransfer and contains: the original Photoshop and the jpg. It doesn't matter if I use the original or the transformation to jpg, I still see the off white box.
Maybe if I save it with a transparent background it will work?

https://we.tl/t-lnJIfg5FaW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines