• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign - Incopy Bug crashes table formats

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have assigned tasks from Indesign to Incopy. These are extensive text pages that also contain tables. The texts and tables were originally imported and formatted from Word. When editing in Incopy, the tables are reformatted independently, e.g. black lines instead of blue ones. The tables cannot be edited later in Indesign (e.g. change line color) etc..

I am very grateful for any short-term help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ID? What version of IC? Are you using assignments or layout workflows? Screenshots would help, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Here is a screenshot.

I always use the latest program versions.

To the procedure: The Office Word data incl. tables I imported originally in Indesign and partially reformatted. After fine-tuning the layout in Indesign, I identified individual text sections as tasks for Incopy. These text sections also contain the tables where the problem occurs later as visible on the screenshot. Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-13 um 15.54.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I'm sorry, I can't replicate this in ID CC 2019 14.02 and IC CC 2019. I made a table, changed the color/type of some strokes, added content to the cells, merged a few cells. Exported the frame to InCopy, opened the INDD in InCopy, checked out the story, edited content in the frames, closed/saved, updated in InDesign, all strokes were as I had set them.

So ... can you replicate this with a simple test INDD file with a 1) Table you create in ID, and then 2) Table you import from Word?

If you can't replicate, you might want to check for corruption in that document by exporting to IDML and re-opening in ID, then saving with a new name.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thanks for your response.

I did the test with the idml. However, the problem persists. The test with Indesign tables not from Word is not helpful for me with this project. Since all contents must always be taken over from the Word file and this is very extensive.

I can't even edit the table lines in Indesign afterwards - unless I delete the whole Incopy link.

Perhaps another idea for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance you could share a google drive or dropbox link to the file with us so we can take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can collect a small excerpt from it and make it available to you via dropbox. Is there a protected way to send you the link than via the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChriLuh ,

contact Chad by using the forum's private message feature.

Hover over Chad's name when logged in to the forum and press Message. You could send him the link this way.

All your conversation with Chad will show up only in Chad's and your Inbox of the forum.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please can you share the sample file and a small video demonstrating the problem at amaarora@adobe.com?

Thanks,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Aman,

I have just emailed you an excerpt of the data via dropbox link to the above address. Thank you very much!

ChriLuh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Aman.

Have you ever been able to view the data I sent you by e-mail?

Thanks and greetings

ChriLuh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far I haven't received any reaction from amaarora. Can someone else take care of my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines