• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Interactive Publications - Showcase ?

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am looking for inspiration to create an 'interactive' document for my client.

Is there a "showcase" site where I can go to see what others have created using InDesign, or are there sample publications I can see somewhere?

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by interactive publication? How will it be viewed and/or distributed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly certain! but I hoped I could deliver a link to my client with an interactive PDF maybe - using the "Publish Online" feature. Maybe then this document could have some basic animation like "sliding images" or maybe even the option to view short inline videos?

But I'm open to anything really, I suppose I wanted to see what others were producing, and see if I can offer to my client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't have animations in a PDF, you can have hyperlinks to other parts of the documents or a link to an external site such as a YouTube video. That's it really with PDF. You may be better off with a website.

The other option is the InDesign plugin at extra cost in5 which format output is HTML5 so readable on almost any device and can be hosted on your customer's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign's Publish Onlne is a good format for easily producing interactive documents if you know InDesign, with animations, links and multi-media. But they have to be hosted on Adobe's servers, content can't be monetised and readers have to be online to access them. You can enable the documents so the reader can download a (static) PDF version

Here are some examples, collected by Diane Burns who has also produced an excellent online tutorial on creating documents with Publish Online on LinkedIn Learning)  http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines