Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign is killing my daily work with M1 Macbook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team,
i hardly manage to keep up with indesign. hardly 5 minutes of work, a memory message flies on the monitor that my macbook pro m1 is now completely at the end.

when i look at the window here (porcess manager for the immediate termination of all programs), indesign is always the only disastrous consumer of memory.

like many others, i pay a lot of money monthly for adobe software, so how can affinity consume a fraction of the memory? i have already started to move work to affinity out of necessity, because i can no longer hold my client appointments.

now i've also ordered three more m1 devices for graphics. if it continues like this, we'll go bankrupt or change you out.

i really need help and i'm really overloaded with the problem, i just can't manage 5 minutes on a project despite restarts because of indesign.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend you to follow the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if they help to improve the performance of the app.

Also, if you're using macOS Monterey, you may check out this web article for more information about performance issues. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines