• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keyboard shortcut to open formating window on Mac

Contributor ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot remember the keyboard shortcut that opens a window that has about 6 or 7 tabs across the top that allow for the formating of various aspects of text and tables such as "Numbers", "Alignment", "Borders", etc.

I thought it was Command + 1 but that does not do it. I have looked at online collections of shortcuts but cannot find what I am looking for.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

That is the Control Panel. ctrl+alt+6 (Win) cmd+opt+6 (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the Control Panel. ctrl+alt+6 (Win) cmd+opt+6 (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that open but that is not window I am looking for, for instance it does not have the option for defining numbers/currency formatting, or the tab that allows for setting vertical/horizonal alignment while selecting text wrapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Control Panel is contextual and will change according to the tool and the selection. But you can play around with the settings by clicking on the gear icon on the far right of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not have the option for defining numbers/currency formatting

Currency formatting? There's nothing in InDesign about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The items you find in the Control Panel depend on

1. Size of the screen
  2. Resolution you have set up the screen.
  3. At the right end of the screen you find in the control panel a gear symbol menu, there you can choose which item is important for you to show up on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like you at one time created your own custom tab group as part of a workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also want to go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts... and press the Show Set button for any sets that you have defined. You might have a custom set with a custom shortcut to do what you were looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

you can find all panels that you need in the main menu Window.

The Properties panel, the Control panel and the Text Wrap panel as well.

Depending on the context you select on the page and also depending on the available horizontal space of your monitor the Control panel is able to show perhaps not all of your controls you currently need. The available horizontal space also depends on the preferences that are active with UI Scaling.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines