Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign missing panels when application starts up

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe InDesign 2022 (vesion 17.0 x64) with Windows 10 Pro (version 21H1). The problem I am havings is that sometimes when I launch the software all the panels are missing. See the screen shot below for details.

Screen shot 01.jpg

It should look like this

Screen shot 02.jpg

If I lauch the software from the Windows Start menu and then open a file, the panels will show up. But if I use the shortcut of double-clicking on the file to both launch the software and open the file, the panels are missing.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021
Okay, now it's time to reset the preferences. See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting and be sure you do the cache files as well.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it might be in presentation mode. Press the Tab key and it should go back to normal.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it, it didnt work. It will show the panels if I manually choose a workspace from the Window menu. Also, this only happens when I take the short-cut of launching InDesign by double-clicking on the file so that InDesign opens to the file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, try resetting the workspace from the Window menu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried. I does not give me the option to reset the workspace. See pic below

screenshot 3.jpg

I have to manually choose a workspace before it will let me reset it. When I launch InDesign first, then use it to open a file, it automatically opens my workspace. 

Also, this problem isnt tied to just one file; it happens on all my InDesign files. The problem began after the last InDesign update. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now it's time to reset the preferences. See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting and be sure you do the cache files as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That took care of it. 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines