Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Newsletter - January 2023

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Year ID Newsletter 22_community (1).png

Happy New Year, everyone! We hope that the holidays were good for all the Adobe Community members.

In this edition, we have included a tutorial by Andrea showcasing "How to Type on a Path and How to use Blend Modes in InDesign".

Also, we have a recap of the Behance live stream by Isabelle Poirier, depicting "How to design Creative New Year Wishes for Your Small Business in Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign."

If you want to stay tuned to similar updates, please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to receive notifications for our newsletter on a monthly basis.

Adobe Community Expert Highlight

I'm honored to feature "Frans van der Geest" as our community superstar for this month. Frans has been a part of our community for almost ten years. Frans is an expert in multiple Adobe Products like InDesign, Acrobat etc. He has contributed to around 2k community posts so far. We are thankful for his contribution to our community. Let's know more about him in his own words:-

Frans.jpg

"I was born in The Hague, Netherlands, and spent my youth and schooldays there before going to the University of Leiden where I studied Sociology and Philosophy

It was during that time that I met my later-to-be wife (still happily together). It was also the time when I first learned to use computers (well, mainframes) and at the beginning of the eighties, I used someone's ZX Spectrum to create justified text prints for layout. I started designing and layout as a hobby during my studies. 

Later on, I used the only Mac available there with… Pagemaker 0.85 (if I remember that version correctly). As no one was waiting for me as a Philosopher in a paid job, I took my hobby further in the early 90s and landed at one of the first so-called ’service bureaus’ in the Netherlands in the Hague, where I learned more about the designing trade. In the second half of the nineties, I started working as a freelance designer; we moved to Leiden and later to Oegstgeest (try to pronounce that in any language other than Dutch!). 

In 2000 I was asked to fill in for a teacher at a QuarkXpress course; I liked teaching so much that it became, and still is, my job. In my classes, I made several hand-outs which became a 650+ page book later on InDesign that is still used, I’m proud to say, in the Netherlands and Belgium at several schools.

Currently, I have specialized in InDesign, Acrobat, and Accessibility (WCAG2) and working with major Dutch institutes doing awareness as well as practical technical training on creating Accessible PDFs in InDesign and Acrobat.

In my free time, I’m a drummer, and the latest project I’ve done was a Led Zeppelin tribute band together with professional musicians (I was the only ‘amateur’), which made me proud to do.

To visit my website, please click here

To know more about our Adobe Community Experts, click here.

New tutorial:-  Type on a Path and Blend Modes in InDesign

Behance stream flashback

How to design Creative New Year Wishes for Your Small Business 

Troubleshooting tips-

• Issue:- How to fix slow performance and unexpected behavior in InDesign.                       
  • Action:- Please follow the steps shared in this link to optimize InDesign performance.         

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | After Effects | Premiere Pro

Follow InDesign on 
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proficaat, @Frans v.d. Geest !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing! great information! I am going to Stream on Behance today featuring new stuff in InDesignjan 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines