Exit

InDesign Newsletter - May 2024

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID Newsletter Banner (1).png

Hello Everyone,

I hope you've enjoyed the Adobe MAX London sessions and explored the new features in InDesign. If you haven't had the chance to try them out yet and are looking for guidance, Andrea has two new tutorials for you. The first tutorial demonstrates how to generate images using text prompts in InDesign, and the second one shows you how to password-protect a file when publishing it online.

If you want to stay updated on similar topics, please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to receive notifications for our newsletter monthly.

Adobe InDesign - Text to Image (Beta)

How to Password Protect Your InDesign Files

New issues

Issue:- When opening documents in InDesign 19.4, an alert appears stating: "This file is already open by ano...
Action:- A bug has been logged with the product team and they are investigating this issue.

Workaround:- Open the file in the previous version, resave it, and then open it in ID 19.4.

Issue:- Data merge not working for absolute paths in InDesign 19.4
Action:- A bug has been logged with the product team and they are investigating this issue.
Workaround:- Delete or Rename "ENABLE_POSIX_PATH" available at "<Install Dir>\Resources\Cookies\ENABLE_POSIX_PATH"

Issue:- Password-protected InDesign documents are displaying an "Access Denied" message.
Action:- The product team has been informed and they are investigating this issue.

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | After Effects | Premiere ProFirefly

Follow InDesign on 
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

indesign vote.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot !

_______
Senior graphic designer | United Nations Population Fund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the latest updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for ther updates! hi Andrea!

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helpful!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly in Indesign is big time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Vivek12 and @happie_97 !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be very helpful in the future when I'll actally get to try out this program. I'm a bit embarased that I never got to use the program in the past.  It probably would have been helpful in many things which would have been useful for me. I did however use Quark Express and Page maker years ago when it was offered in the course I took.  Yup way back when. 😳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for showcasing this great feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched it again - thank you, Andrea!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fabulous, Andrea! You always give me so many great new ideas to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines