Exit

InDesign Newsletter - October 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id Max Newsletter - Community.png

Hi Everyone,

Adobe MAX is behind us, and I am sure, like us, you were blown away by the many sessions and announcements. In case you have missed it, you can still watch Adobe MAX 2022 sneaks for a glimpse of what the future holds.

This edition of our newsletter consists of an interesting tutorial by Andrea, showcasing "How to use enhanced copy-paste workflow in InDesign" which will help you to achieve more accurate results when copying content between InDesign & other apps like Illustrator, MS Word, etc.

Also, we have a recap of Behance live stream by Kladi, depicting "How to get started in InDesign 2023" consisting of the new features in InDesign MAX update 18.0

If you want to stay tuned to similar updates, please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to receive notifications for our newsletter on a monthly basis.

Adobe Community Expert Highlight

I'm honored to feature "Chana Messer" as our community superstar for this month. Chana has been a part of our community for over 18 years. Chana is an expert in multiple Adobe Products like Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Mobile Applications and Adobe Creative Cloud workflow. As a community member, Chana participates in Beta testings, meetings, and creating various videos and lectures for many events. Aside from being an educator and Adobe Community member, Chana owns a small design company, MAC in Art, and a small Catering Company Good Food Catering, serving tasty and very healthy food. As part of her hobby, she loves sharing her thoughts through videos and lately through her new
cooking channel.

We are thankful for her contribution to our community. Let's know more about her in her own words:-

chana_small.jpg

My Journey as an Artist, Designer, Educator, and Adobe Community Expert:-

I was born in Israel. After high school I served in the army, studied Theatre and Art at Tel Aviv University, and moved to New York to continue my studies. As the daughter of Holocaust survivors, a first-generation Israeli immigrant, and an American citizen, I use fine art across multiple mediums to explore my heritage, cultural experience, and unique perspective as a Middle Eastern female artist living and working in the United States. Since receiving my BFA from Tel Aviv University in Israel and an Advanced Degree in Printmaking from Pratt Institute in New York, I have worked as a fine artist, graphic designer, trainer, curriculum writer, and public speaker for over 30 years. Over the course of my career, I have taught and lectured at the university level in the fields of Fine Art, Oils and Acrylics on Canvas, Paper Making, and Digital Imaging at top art schools including UCLA, the USC School of Cinematic Arts, the USC Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism, Otis College, FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design and Marketing, and Parsons School of Design. Pursuing my interest in an emerging new field, I completed an Advanced Degree in Computer Graphics in 1986. Ever since, I have explored the Artistic using electronic digital design. I have exhibited my work in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Miami, and across South America and Israel. I continue to lecture about fine art and participate in art events and juried shows. I am an Adobe Certified Expert/Instructor, Adobe Education Leader, and a Subject Matter Expert writer for Adobe Certified professional Exams.

I started my journey with the Adobe Community as part of the Adobe Freelance group. It was a special handpicked group that was trained to teach and educate the Adobe Products in corporations, schools, and community centers. Soon after, Adobe acquired Macromedia and adopted their theme of community professionals, and of course that was the birth of Adobe MAX. I was lucky enough to be invited to be part of the Adobe Community Experts, which later became the Adobe Community Professionals, and currently Community Experts! Being part of the community let me in to the inside world of graphics and product development. I am part of many prerelease groups that help develop products, and as such I keep exploring and learning the new features, and with that have new challenges to create better tutorials and more exciting curriculum for my students. As a teacher and curriculum development educator I joined the Adobe Education Leader community, which opened me to a new world of Education. I am learning so much from my fellow educators in our community, and I feel that they help me grow as an individual and an artist. In the last 2 years I started to stream on Behance weekly, as part of the Education Streamer group. This opened a new world of sharing, connecting, and educating people all over the world. I love my job. I keep telling myself my job is my hobby.... And I always say to my students:- If you can Dream it, you can make it
!

Follow Chana on Behance | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Linkedin | Portfolio

To know more about our Adobe Community Experts, click here.

New tutorial:-  How to use enhanced copy-paste workflow in InDesign

Behance stream flashback

How to get started in InDesign 2023 with Kladi

Top Issue:-

Issue:- INDD file icon shows blank/white/no thumbnail after update.
                        Action:- Our product team is working with the Microsoft team to get this issue fixed.

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | After Effects | Premiere Pro

Follow InDesign on 
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for featuring me!!! Love being part of this community!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We love you! You're such an amazing human!! 🥰😁🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing achievements, Chana!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

checkout my cooking.....miss you Monika!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your story! Wow. Impressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this @chanaart truly great resource to check out and learn. great work as always.

Creative Community Leader / Educator - Empowering fellow educators with creativity and innovation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines