• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Not Importing All Link Layers When Updating Modified Links

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I update my modified links InDesign will be inconsistent with how the updated link is imported. Sometimes it will update the link with all of the visible layers, which includes the new layers and is what I want. However, sometimes, InDesign will either only show the old layers, only show the new layers, or a mix of both with some layers not visible.

EXAMPLE: Original Link has 2 layers. I modify it to have 3 layers now. I double click to update the modified link. InDesign will update the link to have 1 old layer and the new layer or some other combination that is not all 3 layers total.

Is there a way to fix this in order to make it consistent? Has anyone come across this before as well? Thanks.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the InDesign preferences under File Handling - there's an option on how layers are treated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how my preferences are for file handling. Even with "Hide New Layers When Updating or Relinking" unchecked it will still hide new layers sometimes. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.58.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My settings are exactly like yours shown above and my linked file is still not showing the new layer added to the file. I have tried deleting it and relinking it, updating the link, etc. but nothing seems to be working to get the new layer so show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines