• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Not Opening

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought Adobe CC and I and running it on my Mac with the following configuration:
• Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid-2014)
• Version: 11.7.5 (20G1225)

Every time I open the software, it gives me an error that INDESIGN QUIT UNEXPECTEDLY. This happened with both the latest version 18.2.1 as well as an older version 17.4.1 that I thought I should test out in case the software isn't compatible with my decade-old Mac.

Nothing has worked for me. Could someone please help me?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

The system requirements seem to be OK: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/system-requirements.html

(I assume that's 20GB of RAM and that you have plenty of spare hard disk capacity.)

It might be worth resetting the InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults:
1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Hi @ShubhiDoodieDoo ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above you can also try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements seem to be OK: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/system-requirements.html

(I assume that's 20GB of RAM and that you have plenty of spare hard disk capacity.)

It might be worth resetting the InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults:
1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.
If you don't see the question repeat the procedure again.

If that doesn't resolve it consider using the Adobe Cleaner Tool to completely remove the application and previous versions and reistall InDesign again. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Derek! 

I deleted the InDesign preferences as you suggested, but it didn't work. Please see attached the screenshot of the error message I got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No harm in sending the report to Adobe. In the meantime, can you confirm that you do have 20GB of RAM and how much spare hard disk capacity you have?

If you have the correct system specs, I suggest you use the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek also recommended using the CC Cleaner Tool - have you tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ShubhiDoodieDoo ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above you can also try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines