• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not working after update to Monterey 12.3.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to save, save as, or export InDesign 2022 (17.2) documents, getting alert message stating that the files are "damaged." HELP!! I'm dead in the water here.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Where are your files located? An external source?

What happens if you try to save to your local HD?

Did you give InDesign Full Disk Access under Mac System Preferences/Security and Privacy?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your files located? An external source?

What happens if you try to save to your local HD?

Did you give InDesign Full Disk Access under Mac System Preferences/Security and Privacy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- my files are on an external disk and I was able to save to my local HD. Thank you!

I'm not seeing where to grant InDesign Full Disk Access under Preferences/Security and Privacy, however.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found where to give InDesign full disk access and it worked to save to the external disk. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me, too!  I have three Macs and when I opened the files in INDD (and AI and PS, too) on my main Mac that I use for Adobe programs the files dropped the images and/or distorted other .eps images.  Also got the same save/can't save messages. 
I set up INDD on my other two Macs, opened up the same files and they opened just fine, no problems. (They run on Catalina on Mojave respectively.)  The problem was the Monterey update.  So I erased Monterey from my HD and installed Big Sur.  Everything is running fine again.  Dump Monterey and go one version back and your problems will be over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to dump Monterey at all - just set the security settings in Apple system preferences.

The issue actually started in Catalina with PS, but with each upgrade other apps needed the same permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin.  I followed those steps and saw that it had one of my Adobe programs in the Full Disk Access folder but not all the others. 
When I started having these problems I first called Apple support and the rep told me it was an Adobe problem and couldn't help me.  I knew that woman was wrong. 
How did you figure this out?  I wonder why Apple doesn't advise that this needs to be done when upgrading to a new OS?
Anyway, Big Sur is running really well and I am not feeling very adventurous.  Thanks for your help.  Please call Apple and tell them they are handing out the wrong advice for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol Apple will always point the finger to others and never admit fault. Even when they've had major bugs with their OS.

Be careful, at one point there was a Big Sur update that bricked printing from Photoshop - again an OS issue that was resolved by upgrading to Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys!  This discussion has been very helpful for me with a similar problem!

Annamaia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines