• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign on Sonoma

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried Indesign on MacOS Sonoma?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Hi @100pk,

Thank you for reaching out. We're currently in the process of testing and optimizing our latest apps to run on macOS 14 Sonoma. We recommend that you check the system requirements of InDesign for the latest information on compatibility with operating systems and hardware. For more details, please check this page

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not be the first and let everyone else know how you're making out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Sonoma is only available currently for developers. In another month, it will be available for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had assumed that it was being done the way it was in the past. The developer beta program is now apparently free so anyone can sign up now to test Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect there is an NDA.  That means that people who say "yes, I am running Sonoma and InDesign info is --- " would be breaching the NDA, and could face unlimited fines for violating the NDA. It's not fair to ask. (No, I can't know whether there is an NDA, because the existence of an NDA is often one of the protected secrets).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out I missed the announcement. Here is info from Adobe now they are allowed to speak - Utilizing Adobe desktop applications on macOS 14 (... - Adobe Support Community - 13848036

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Sonoma last night. And the package feature results in InDesign hanging. InDesign is also very slow just to save. Definitely NOT working properly. It's not as if Adobe didn't have enough time to make sure this worked properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's really a slug now on Sonoma. Hopefully a patch is coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are all kinds of issues with Sonoma. I've read a couple of reports that 14.2 improves things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Sonoma and InDesign 18.5 today. Now I have the strobe effect when I select parts of text in InDesign. Switching GPU on and off does not make a change. If updates will not solve this, will try move back to Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not getting a strobe effect. But I also noticed that none of the "hamburger" menu items in the tabs show up on secondary monitors- they only work if I move them to my primary monitor. I keep all my frequently used tabs on a separate monitor to give me more screen real estate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me, that intermittency causes me displeasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this to Adobe with a video to prove the second monitor issue. Let's hope it gets fixed. Mind you, it might a Sonoma bug. Sometimes I wonder why software gets beta tested. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having secondary monitor issues with Adobe for a couple of years, TBH. Last year, I had tech support go into my machine to see the issue firsthand. They determined that since the problem did not occur under a root user, it was a problem with the user and they suggested I create a new user and migrate everything to it or start over from scratch. I thought it was unreasonable. And the problem does not occur with Illustrator and Photoshop. So I told them that perhaps it might be a good idea to see why that problem does not occur in the other apps. They didn't seem to care and once again told me to create a new user. I don't know of too many IT people willing to do that to a machine especially when the employee is remote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you end up moving back to Ventura? I am getting the 'strobe effect' when workin in Indesign. Thought I'd wait for a new update to see if it would fix itself... nothing yet....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest message here (page 3) I was told that InDesign is now compatible with Ventura 13.6 so everything should be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread actually is about the optimisation of InDesign with MacOS 14 Sonoma, not any issues related to Ventura. So nothing is solved yet 🤷‍:male_sign:

Not sure if anything had been addressed in the latest Apple update 14.1 … but I’m assuming we still have to wait for Adobe to finally get InDesign to work. We are almost three weeks in after the release of Sonoma, just in case someone has missed that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right. I thought there would be a new Apple release to fix this by now. I might have to downgrade to Ventura, so it doesn't conflict with Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also deleted Indesign and its preferences and re-installed it. Issues are the same: Package for Output does not work. Contextual menus and submenus in palettes will not show up on secondary monitors. It is slow- especially when saving files, almost to the point where it is unusable in a high-volume workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that side menus do not work in Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator on Sonoma with multiple displays (if, like me, you keep your tabs on a separate monitor). They will only appear on your designated main display if you bring the tab on the main display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work with Adobe CC 2024 … the panels on a secondary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment on your other post. I am convinced it's an Adobe issue. It's maddening! Is it happening with Photoshop? Because if it's not, then it's not an Apple issue. For me, it was strictly an Indesign issue. Functionality in Illustrator and Photoshop was just fine. I mentioned it to the InDesign "support staff," and they dismissed it as a problem with the OS User.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get your frustration, but you have no clue who's bug this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not have a clue, but I suspect that since this issue of side/contextual menus not appearing on secondary monitors in the past (and I've dealt with Adobe on this, I am pretty sure it's an Adobe problem, and so are they). Why? Because the problem occurred in InDesign at the time and only with InDesign. When I dealt with Adobe tech support, their solution was to create a new user since the problem didn't occur under the root user. Not exactly a good solution. Now, it's all across the board—pretty safe bet it's an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it’s an issue Adobe has to address … like I have said before. And it’s been 3 weeks now and a 14.1 Sonoma update by Apple already without Adobe giving us at least a timeline of their optimisation process. In my 30 years of Adobe experience I really can’t remember that it has ever taken this long for Adobe to get a compatible version of their applications out after a major Mac Operating System update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines