I am trying to create an online form from Indesign, but with boxes like the screenshot below for filling in ID numbers/DDMMYY etc. I tried creating a table so that each letter/number that is typed in the form is in its own block, but it doesn't work. PLEASE HELP.
What does an online form mean? What does doesn't work mean?
If you're trying to get this work as a PDF in a browser, please don't waste your time. I'd recommend either putting the form on your website as a proper HTML/PHP form or just use a Google form.
Online form = Interactive pdf (Where a client fills in their details on the pdf and submits via email)
Not working because instead of getting the first screenshot effect, I'm getting this, where each letter is not in its own block.
1. This is an absolutely horrible user experience even if you can it to work.
2. You won't get it to work with a PDF without having single cells that need to be filled out individually.
3. What are you trying to accomplish?
4. Even if you get it to work in a pdf the chances of it working anywhere but Acrobat / Reader on a desktop are slim.
5. You say you want it returned via email. How? With a submit button? That too won't be at all reliable.
I'm sure none of this is what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth. You're way overthinking this. My original advice stands.