• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign opens in the middle of my two side-by-side monitors

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two identical monitors, side by side. I always use InDesign in the left monitor, but every time I open it, the window straddles both monitors with half of the windo in the left monitor and the other half in the right monitor. I always move it over to one monitor, but when i close it out and open InDesign again, the same thing happens. This is annoying and I'd like to find out why it happens and what I can do to get the program to open on just one monitor instead of straddling both.

I have two identical monitors, side by side. I always use InDesign on the left monitor, but every time I open it, the window straddles both monitors with half of the window in the left monitor and the other half in the right monitor. I always move it over to one monitor, but when I close it out and open InDesign again, the same thing happens. This is annoying and I'd like to find out why it happens and what I can do to get the program to open on just one monitor instead of straddling both.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Have your reset your preferences. That seem to fix so many issues.

• Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

• macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version and platform? Mine used to do that but not recently.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 Pro.
Right now Creative Cloud Desktop says I have InDesign version 18.1.
I always try to have my Adobe programs updated to the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your reset your preferences. That seem to fix so many issues.

• Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

• macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. I had to press Ctrl+Alt+Shift at the exact same time to get the popup window, but after selcting Yes to deleting preference files after selecting "Yes" to delete preference files, InDesign took a moment and then opened on just one monitor—clean and simple. If the problem comes up again I'll update this reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure to save your screen layouts as Workspaces, I find them so useful (main display on left with all panels on right screen, one as opposite, one with no panels...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines