• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign page color

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print the color of page in my InDesign doc i hve chosen.  I do not want to start over.  I have changed color of each page as a Master, but doc still prints with white pages.  

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To print color on the page you must actually apply a "real" color (not a colored definition of the Paper swatch) to a frame in the background of your page. Presuming you have done this, it sounds like you are printing on some sort of digital printer rather than a printing press, and you are running up against the limits of the printable area that the printer is capable of using. There are very few consumer level printers that can print all the way to the edge of the paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making your color background by laying down a frame over your parent/document page(s) and filling it with the color you want to apply? You're not going to be able to apply color over a page without physically applying an element with that color above the page, as shown below.

1color.jpg

Using the Rectangle tool highlighted in the Toolbar at left, I dragged a rectangle over the entire page and then selected a fill of RGB Green from the Swatches panel shown at right to fill it with color. Is this how you're applying color to the page?

If you could provide screen captures of what you're doing to apply your colors to pages, it'd help us help you.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. But I finally figured it out. I was just trying to
print as a pdf. I had to change color of each page.

Konnie Sanders, MAI

*KLS REAL ESTATE SERVICES*
*PO Box 8574*
*Prairie Village, KS 66208*
*Phone: 913-671-7100*
*Email: konniesanders@gmail.com *

*Gold Star Award 2018*
*Multi-Million Dollar Producer*
*MO Broker #1999002369*
*KS Broker #46945*
*FL Broker #BK3435571*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Peter Spier and @Randy Hagan 

You cannot use the [Paper] colour - this is a simulation colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"page colour" exists to SHOW you on screen the effect if you printed on COLOURED PAPER. It cannot be used to change what is sent to the printer with white paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly - you'd need to have that colour paper in your printer - to print on coloured paper or card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>"page colour" exists to SHOW you on screen the effect if you printed on COLOURED PAPER.

Tangent: This is a nice, but infrequently used, feature. If one turns on View>Overprint Preview, one can see what the graphics and text will look like when printed on the colored paper. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

His

As everybody has said before, "[paper]" is a swatch color that representes the colour of the paper. Changing its default value is basically a shorcut to display only on screen the supposed value of your paper in that work.

However, this feature has issues. The first one is that it is just a proxy for the screen for a flat colour. That is: It only works in the screen (no printing), it's a proxy (I doubt it has a real colour management) and I am sure you are choosing by eyeball (say goodbay to any colour managament if so).

If you were to be 'precise', you would use a measuring device to create an ICC colour profile for that paper/ink/printer. No big sweat nowadays, but you'd need an spectrophotometre. What's more: Even so, that would work if your paper colour is flat (no marble, no speckles, no laid paper, etc.).

But, as we work with what we have to solve the problems we face, a good solution is measuring /  eyeballing as best as you can the colour of the paper, make in InDesign a flat rectangle the size of the page and place it in a layer of itself  above the rest and set it in 'Darken' blend mode. Once you are done with your design, hide the layer and print it in the proper paper.

I have been sometimes the unhappy user of similar solution while preparing the layout of a salmon-coloures newspaper. Ugh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines